Saturday, March 17, 2012

Lucky Leprechaun Dinner

The kids were elated with our dinner tonight: a fruit rainbow with a pot of gold (homemade chicken nuggets) at the end!


For dessert we had rainbow Jello.  I had seen on Pinterest that if you layer blue, yellow, and red Jello, it should make a rainbow because there will appear to be orange and green between the layers.  I couldn't get a good picture, but I would say it sort of worked. 


There appeared to be a green layer between the blue and yellow. But I didn't really see an orange layer between the yellow and red. Maybe it's due to the fact that I used sugar free Jello for the red and yellow and regular blue Jello? Or possibly, it has to do with how long the Jello sets before adding the next layer. Doesn't matter. The kids thought the Jello was fabulous. Especially when I added a whip cream "cloud" to the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment