Monday, February 18, 2013

Banner for Retirement Party

My dad recently retired so I made him this banner.
 
 
The scalloped squares were cut from kraft cardstock, the lacy squares were cut from a beige cardstock and the letters were cut from a chocolate brown cardstock.  All the shapes and letters were cut on my Cricut using my Art Philosophy and Artiste cartridges from Close to My Heart.
 
I sponged brown ink onto the lacy squares to give them more dimension.  And I sponged brown ink on the edges of the letters.  I attached the letters with dimensional adhesive to make them stand out more.

 
For the two end pieces of the banner, I chose to use hearts because my dad's last day of work happened to be Valentine's Day.
 
 
The beige hearts were cut using my Cricut and then sponged with brown ink.  The smaller items on the end pieces were stamped into beige cardstock, cut out with scissors, and attached.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment