Saturday, October 6, 2012

It's here!

I learned how to bake and decorate cookies by reading other peoples' blogs.  The blog that was the most instrumental in my education is called Bake At 350.  The author of that blog, Bridget Edwards, just wrote a book called (appropriately) Decorating Cookies, and my copy of that book just arrived in the mail!
 
I couldn't be more excited!  In the book, she shares all her decorating tips about icing and sprinkles and sanding sugar and everything.  And there are tons of step-by-step decorating tutorials with full-color gorgeous photos. 
 
She also includes her recipe for Vanilla-Almond Sugar Cookies and her recipe for Royal Icing.  Those are Bridget's go-to recipes and they've become mine as well.  She has published the cookie recipe on her blog here and the icing recipe here.

 
But there are several new recipes in the book including this one:

 
I just made a double batch because, hello, NUTELLA.


I'll let you know how they turn out, but the dough tastes like a winner!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment