Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Purple Owl Cookies

While in college, my roommate and I studied in Spain together.  We kept seeing little owls in many of the shops and someone told us that owls were used as good luck charms.  We couldn't resist buying a few because they were too darn cute.  Now owls are all the rage here!  Especially in the fall, I see them every where I go.  And I'm OK with that.
 
The roommate just had a birthday.  She likes owls.  She likes purple.  And she likes chocolate.  Put them all together and what do you get?  Chocolate owl cookies!
 
 
(The recipe for these cookies - and the decorating instructions - can be found in the book "Decorating Cookies" by Bridget Edwards.)
 
I packaged a few of these cookies into little bags.


And I put the bags in a giant owl mug!


These cookies are moister (is that a word?) than my usual sugar cookies, so they are harder to transport without breaking.  But they taste VERY chocolatey. Almost like a brownie.  I don't hear anyone complaining about having to eat broken pieces!

No comments:

Post a Comment