Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Pop Rocks Father's Day Card (with superhero theme)

I just got the Superhero paper packet from Close To My Heart and knew it was perfect for making a Father's Day card for my husband.  He really is a super hero.  And the boys think he rocks -- so I had to incorporate Pop Rocks into the card. (Get it?)

Here's a (bad) photo of the inside of the card.  I put in a recent picture of my husband with my sons and the phrase "our pop rocks" with the Pop Rocks candy.


I started by measuring the Pop Rocks packages and built the card around that.  I cut a strip of black cardstock that was 6x12 and trimmed it to 6x9.  I scored it at 4" and 5" to make the 1-inch thick "spine" for the card.  I used the extra 6x3 piece of black that I cut off in the previous step to make a little sleeve for the Pop Rocks.  Then I embellished with the Superhero papers and some messages printed from my computer.  (Download the font "Masked Marvel" from dafont.com for free.)

I love how it turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment