Saturday, June 30, 2012

Wedding Shower Card with Christmas Supplies?

I attended a wedding shower this week after being out of town and I had literally fifteen minutes to make a card. I knew I'd never have time to search for papers that matched, so I pulled out my paper packs from Close To My Heart.  They come with coordinating cardstock and patterned paper.  Love them.

Then I rifled through my stamps.  Surprisingly, the paper and stamps that caught my eye to use on the wedding shower card were originally sold as winter holiday products!
I thought the blues in the paper were very pretty, and the "happy for you" sentiment was perfect. I chose the patterned paper without snowflakes and put this card together in a matter of minutes.


I cut the scalloped circles out of white cardstock using my Art Philosophy cartridge for my Cricut, and I inked the egdes with twilight ink from Close To My Heart.  The "happy shower" stamp is from Stampin' Up from a set called "Tag Time" that I bought years ago.  I colored it in with colored pencils.

For the inside, I used another scalloped circle with my sentiment stamped in twilight ink.  I layered a couple other little images from the same stamp set along with the sentiment. 

If I had more time, I would have added other layers and embellishments to both the front and the inside of the card, but this was the quick version!  I attached a Target gift card (no time to shop for a proper gift either!!) to the inside of the card and rushed out the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment