Friday, February 17, 2012

Monkey Cookies

My son took a treat to share with his classmates for his half-birthday today.  Kids with summer birthdays get to celebrate their half-birthday at school so they don't miss out on all the attention.  He requested monkey cookies.

Here's how they came together:

Make sure you have a lot of time to do these cookies!  The brown on the face has to dry completely before you add the lighter brown snout part.


I made this special one with a party hat for my (half) birthday boy!

I also made some Carl cookies in honor of my dog that I blogged about in my last post.

I used Jelly Bellies cut in half for the eyes and they look a little freaky.  Not to mention that they were the weird flavor ones.  I swear mine was ham flavored.  Ewww.

But the fun part about these cookies was that I used an elephant cookie cutter to make them!  At first I was going to leave the trunk part on the cookie and make it look like Carl's tongue was lolling out.  But I couldn't figure out how to make that look right, so I just cut the trunk part off.  (I learned that you cut off unwanted parts before baking instead of after or you end up with a crumbly edge.)

I'm thinking I can use the same elephant cookie cutter with the trunk cut off to make some sweet Princess Leia cookies!

No comments:

Post a Comment