Friday, February 3, 2012

Monster Valentine Box

Aaron has to bring a decorated box to school this year to hold his Valentine cards from his classmates.  I'd seen the idea in Family Fun a few years ago to make a monster face on a Kleenex box.  How perfect for a 9-year-old boy!

Here is our version:


1. Gather supplies: empty Kleenex box, wrapping paper, cardstock, tape, scissors, glue, stapler.


2.  Start wrapping the Kleenex box with the wrapping paper.  Have the paper come together at the opening of the box.  Cut a slit in the paper so you can fold it into the inside of the box through the hole.  Tape to secure inside the box.  Repeat on the other side.



3.  Wrap the sides of the box like you'd wrap a gift.

4.  Cut "teeth" out of white cardstock and tape them to the inside of the box.  I made my teeth a little irregular which I think adds to the charm.



5.  I made the eyes out of cardstock.  Before gluing on the black heart "pupils" I stapled the eyes in position on the box, then glued the heart over the staple.  The staple holds the eyes on the box much more securely than glue or tape.


6.  Embellish however you want!

No comments:

Post a Comment