Monday, February 20, 2012

Soccer Ball Cake


As soon as I made a Pokemon ball birthday cake for my nephew, my niece requested the same cake for her birthday party.  It was a triple-layer red velvet cake with buttercream icing.  But Kayla's not into Pokemon, so I made her cake a soccer ball instead.


I frosted the whole thing with white and then added the pentagon shapes in black.  Here's the secret trick for making the soccer ball design:  I had a pentagon cookie cutter and used that to make impressions in the white icing.  Then I simply outlined the impression with the black icing!


We actually celebrated all four family members with February birthdays including Kayla and my husband.  There was even less cake left this time than last time I made it.  I have a feeling it will get requested again!

No comments:

Post a Comment