Saturday, January 7, 2012

Owl-themed Teacher Treats

On Wednesday nights, I volunteer at my church and work with the 3- and 4-year-olds.  There are 7 other teachers that work with me, and I wanted to make them a little thank you gift for all their help.

I love owls and they happen to be EVERYWHERE lately, so I went with an owl theme.  I'd seen this pattern on Pinterest and thought they'd be fun to make.  We had a long drive at Thanksgiving so I used that time to stitch together my owls.  (For some reason, reading in the car makes me sick, but I can sew.  Strange.)

I wanted to add a little treat with the felt owls, so I made puppy chow (aka Chex Muddy Buddies).

I packaged the puppy chow into clear cellophane bags, folded down the top, and stapled the bag label over it.  The bag labels were downloaded from the Celebration Shoppe blog and you can find them here.  (If you've never been to the Celebration Shoppe before, you are in for a treat!  It's loaded with fabulous inspiration.)

Look, all my owls are in a row!  Sorry for the mediocre photograph, but I was in a hurry.  But there's something about a finished project all packaged and ready to go that makes me happy.

1 comment: