Here's a fairly easy project for homemade Valentine's Day decor: paper silhouettes. These are my two boys, but you could also make one of your spouse or even your dog.
|My youngest boy|
|My oldest boy|
- Take a photo of your subject in profile. Having a mostly blank background makes future steps easier, but it's not required. Also, the quality of the photo doesn't really matter because you'll just be using the shape - not the actual photo.
- Print the photo. (Again, quality doesn't matter so you can just print it on regular paper if you want.)
- Temporarily tape the photo onto some black cardstock.
- Cut out your silhouette, through the photo paper and the black paper at the same time, using the photo as your guide.
- Carefully un-stick the photo, flip over the cardstock, and you are left with a lovely black silhouette.
Side note: The little black frames were purchased in the dollar bin at Michael's. The "love" letters were cut out using my Cricut, glued onto gray cardstock, and inserted into the frames.